Re: Hot Standby performance issue

От sparikh
Тема Re: Hot Standby performance issue
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Yes, Expalin without Analyze is taking long. It is weird. In the
pg_stat_activity Explain was the only query running. So server was almost
idle. Using New relic interface I checked CPU was almost idle - around
10-20%. There were some IO activity - around 40-50%.

I forgot to mention before I could run perf on command line even with root
permission. It says command not found. May be utility is not installed or
not enabled.

I have attached the snapshot of vmstat while explain was running in
background. vmstat.txt
<http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5775349/vmstat.txt>

Do you suggest if I remove all the data files from /data/base folder of
standby and again rebuild using rsync from primary ? do you see any issues
there.? This is just to rule out any fragmentation on standby side.

Our sys admin is planning to run fsck sometime today or tomorrow.

Thanks.