Re: rare avl shutdown slowness (related to signal handling)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: rare avl shutdown slowness (related to signal handling)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think changing the outer "for(;;)" to "while (!got_SIGTERM)" would
>> be a much safer fix.

> Ah, yeah.  I was thinking in changing PG_exception_stack once shutdown
> was requested, but this is much simpler.

Your proposed patch seems to be doing both of those, which is probably
unnecessary.  I don't object to the SIGHUP test and goto in the error
path, but I'd put it a lot further down, like after the existing
RESUME_INTERRUPTS.  I doubt it's a good idea to skip the transaction
cleanup steps.