Re: PG 9.0 release timetable

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG 9.0 release timetable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I find myself entirely unimpressed by proposals to make releases
>> according to some rigid schedule that takes no account of whether
>> packaging manpower is actually available.

> How many beta testers out there *rely* on a package to do their testing?

A lot of them --- probably approximately 100% of the Windows population,
for example.  People who are capable of working from source are likely
not waiting for beta packages anyway, just using CVS or nightly
snapshots.

> I'm not saying don't try and get packages in place, I'm just saying it
> shouldn't be a requirement to stamp code BETA and create a tar ball ...

There's more work that goes into a beta release than just stamping,
as you should know as well as anyone.  Otherwise we might as well call
the nightly snapshots beta releases.

Сообщение: Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Сообщение: Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature