Re: Many, many materialised views - Performance?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Many, many materialised views - Performance?
Дата
Re: Many, many materialised views - Performance?  (Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Toby Corkindale <toby.corkindale@strategicdata.com.au> wrote:

> In this instance, we have a lot of queries that build certain aggregate
> results, which are very slow. The queries were initially all implemented
> as views, but then we started doing a type of materialising of our own,
> turning them into tables with CREATE TABLE AS SELECT ....
> This does make the results very fast to access now, but the side effect
> is a vast number of (very small) tables.

If you have multiple tables with identical layout but different
subsets of the data, you will probably get better performance by
putting them into a single table with indexes which allow you to
quickly search the smaller sets within the table.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com