Re: problem with transactions in VB.NET using npgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problem with transactions in VB.NET using npgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> In PG 8.2 I'd agree, but older versions are not so good about logging
>> execution of prepared statements.  What's the server version exactly,
>> and is there any indication of use of prepared statements in the log?

> Humm, but can you prepare BEGIN or COMMIT at all?

At the protocol level you're allowed to prepare anything at all.  It
surely is a bit useless to prepare BEGIN or COMMIT, since there's no
plan and no noticeable parse/analyze costs, but I seem to recall seeing
logs suggesting that some client software does so...