Re: 57 minute SELECT

От David Johnston
Тема Re: 57 minute SELECT
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Samuel Stearns-2 wrote
> Total RAM - 1G
>

> 1.       Explain on SELECT.

So either this is a typo (1 GB of RAM) or your query is likely ending up I/O
bound.

You should probably provide EXPLAIN and EXPLAIN (ANALYZE) output since even
with the schema it is impossible for someone to see what the planner is
proposing for a multiple-million record source table that is going to be
empty if all someone does is create the schema.

For my money it is also helpful to actual write some prose describing what
you are providing and seeing and not just toss some settings and schema out
there.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

David J.