postgres subfunction return error

От jonathansfl
Тема postgres subfunction return error
Дата
Re: postgres subfunction return error
Список pgsql-sql
greetings. I'm trying to write a function that acts like a switchboard,
calling other functions depending on incoming parameters.
I'm getting error: query has no destination for result data
Please advise what we're doing wrong. The subfunctions return a series of
refcursors in a single table and single row (see pr_test_subfunction).
When i run the parent function, i want to see the same results as if i had
run the subfunction - the results of the subfunction should pass-thru to the
parent calling function. Can this be done?

Subfunction:
[CODE]
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION dev.pr_test_subfunction ( v_action varchar, out swv_refcur refcursor, out swv_refcur2
refcursor,out swv_refcur3 refcursor, out swv_refcur4 refcursor, out swv_refcur5 refcursor

)
RETURNS record AS
$body$
DECLARE  SWV_Action VARCHAR(50) DEFAULT Coalesce(v_Action,'');
BEGIN   OPEN SWV_RefCur  for SELECT 1;   OPEN swv_refcur2 for SELECT 2;   OPEN swv_refcur3 for SELECT 3;   OPEN
swv_refcur4for SELECT 4;   OPEN swv_refcur5 for SELECT 5;   RETURN;

END;
$body$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'
VOLATILE
CALLED ON NULL INPUT
SECURITY INVOKER
COST 100;
[/CODE]

Parent Function:
[CODE]
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION dev.pr_test_parentfunction ( v_action varchar, out swv_refcur refcursor, out swv_refcur2
refcursor,out swv_refcur3 refcursor, out swv_refcur4 refcursor, out swv_refcur5 refcursor

)
RETURNS record AS
$body$
DECLARE  SWV_Action VARCHAR(50) DEFAULT Coalesce(v_Action,'1');
BEGIN      IF SWV_Action = '1' THEN       SELECT * FROM dev.pr_test_subfunction(SWV_Action);    ELSIF SWV_Action = '2'
THEN      SELECT * FROM dev.pr_test_subfunction(SWV_Action);    ELSE       OPEN SWV_RefCur  for SELECT 1;       OPEN
swv_refcur2for SELECT 2;           END IF;

   RETURN;
END;
$body$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'