Re: Planner performance extremely affected by an hanging transaction (20-30 times)?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Planner performance extremely affected by an hanging transaction (20-30 times)?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) The planner actually queries the relation to find the end
> points of the variable ranges, rather than using potentially
> out-of-date statistics.

Are we talking about the probe for the end (or beginning) of an
index?  If so, should we even care about visibility of the row
related to the most extreme index entry?  Should we even go to the
heap during the plan phase?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com