Re: modifying new tuple on insert in c trigger

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: modifying new tuple on insert in c trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Damjan Pipan" <damjan.pipan@xlab.si> writes:
> I'm trying to write a c trigger function which would change an
> attribute of tuple being inserted. I have read this value
> from some other table and now I have a problem, because
> even if I change the tuple with SPI_modifytuple and return
> modified tuple it does not show in db (it did not change the tuple)
> but tuple is inserted.

Before groveling through the C code ... did you declare the trigger
as BEFORE or AFTER?  Only BEFORE triggers get to change the inserted
tuple.

Also, I think the "r" array needs to contain 'r' not ' ' at the
positions where you want to replace columns.