Re: table size

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: table size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> I have a table in my database which can grow very quickly. Is
> there some way to partition the table so that when it reaches a certain
> size the
> information in it is copied to a temporary table and the
> original table is free again.

You can create a view and update the view definition periodically to
add/remove tables from view definition. Your data insertion should be
pointed to a new table after specific period.

That way you can achieve table partitioning. Since DDLs in postgresql are
transactable, it should be absolutely transparent to the application and
other users.

HTH

 Shridhar