Re: Minor improvements to test log navigability

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Minor improvements to test log navigability
Дата
Re: Minor improvements to test log navigability  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-May-16, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> 1.  It seems a bit useless to have a load of "FATAL:  the database
>> system is in recovery mode" spam whenever the server crashes under
>> src/test/regress.  Any reason not to just turn that off, as we do for
>> the TAP tests?

> I don't know of any.  Let's.

Have you actually tested what happens?  I fear this would just
result in different spam.

>> 2.  The TAP test logs are strangely named.  Any reason not to call
>> them 001_testname.log, instead of regress_log_001_testname, so they
>> appear next to the corresponding
>> 001_testname_{primary,standby,xxx}.log in directory listings (CI) and
>> dumps (build farm, presumably), and have a traditional .log suffix?

> +1.

Andrew would have to weigh in on whether this'd break the buildfarm,
but if it doesn't, +1.