Re: BUG #17358: While using --with-uuid=bsd option, uuid_ossp test fails on NetBSD 9.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17358: While using --with-uuid=bsd option, uuid_ossp test fails on NetBSD 9.2
Дата
Re: BUG #17358: While using --with-uuid=bsd option, uuid_ossp test fails on NetBSD 9.2  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> While installing PostgreSQL from source code, uuid_ossp test fails on NetBSD
> 9.2.

Hmm, yeah, reproduced here.  It looks like NetBSD 9 and later have
decided to generate version-4 UUIDs instead of the version-1 UUIDs
that we're expecting uuid_create() to return.  How annoying.

Their uuid_create(3) man page doesn't actually commit to anything
either way, but I suppose it's based on the uuidgen(2) syscall,
and that page clearly changed between 8.2 and 9.0:

https://man.netbsd.org/NetBSD-8.2/uuidgen.2
https://man.netbsd.org/NetBSD-9.0/uuidgen.2

We hadn't noticed because our one NetBSD 9.x buildfarm animal
isn't building with --with-uuid :-(.

Not sure about how to fix this nicely.  We've tried to avoid
writing our own code for V1 UUIDs, but maybe we should just
bite the bullet and do that?  The hard part seems like it'd
be to get a MAC address from someplace.