Re: PATCH: Keep one postmaster monitoring pipe per process

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PATCH: Keep one postmaster monitoring pipe per process
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Keep one postmaster monitoring pipe per process  (Marco Pfatschbacher <Marco_Pfatschbacher@genua.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Very interesting.  Perhaps that is why NetBSD shows a speedup with the
> kqueue patch[1] but FreeBSD doesn't.  I guess that if I could get the
> kqueue patch to perform better on large FreeBSD systems, it would also
> be a solution to this problem.

I just noticed that kqueue appears to offer a solution to this problem,
ie one of the things you can wait for is exit of another process (named
by PID, looks like).  If that's portable to all kqueue platforms, then
integrating a substitute for the postmaster death pipe might push that
patch over the hump to being a net win.

Сообщение: Re: Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)
Сообщение: Re: Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)