Re: COUNT(*) and index-only scans

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COUNT(*) and index-only scans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The problem is precisely that the pages a query is going to read are
>> likely to *not* be a random sample, but to be correlated with
>> recently-dirtied pages.

> Sure, but I was suggesting aiming for the nth percentile rather than a
> linear factor which I don't know has any concrete meaning.

Well, I have no problem with using a more complicated estimation
equation, but it might be nice to get some field experience with the
thing before we start complicating matters.

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME