Re: error during vacuum full

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: error during vacuum full
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> When trying to perform a full vacuum I am getting the following error:
> ERROR:  No one parent tuple was found

Want to dig into it with gdb, or let someone else into your system to
do so?

I've suspected for awhile that there's still a lurking bug or three
in the VACUUM FULL tuple-chain-moving code, but without an example
to study it's damn hard to make any progress.

Note that restarting the postmaster will probably make the problem
go away, as tuple chains cannot exist unless there are old open
transactions.  So unless your installation is already compiled
--enable-debug, there's probably not much we can learn :=(