Re: BUG #2104: pg_xlog/ trace files not reclaimed by server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2104: pg_xlog/ trace files not reclaimed by server
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Reuben Pasquini" <pasquini@imageworks.com> writes:
> It appears that when my 8.1 database is forced
> to generate more than
>             2*checkpoint_segments + 1
> trace files under pg_xlog/, that the database
> becomes confused and stops recycling the trace files.

That's fairly hard to believe, especially since you haven't presented
any actual evidence of it.

What might have happened is that checkpoints were failing for some
reason and so recycling of WAL segments couldn't be performed.  Was
there anything in the postmaster log about write failures?