Re: really novice with Postgres !

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: really novice with Postgres !
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Jean MAURICE <mauricejea@numericable.fr> wrote:

> I can check if the database is present, if a table is present,
> ... but how can I check if a schema is present (via ODBC; I can
> see it in pgadmin3 !) ?

See pg_catalog.pg_namespace or information_schema.schemata.

A SQL "schema" object is often called a "namespace".

BTW, a subject line which is related to the question is a good idea
-- you might have used "What system table or view for schemas?" or
similar.  Given the volume of posts to these lists, many people
scan the list of subject lines and pick only some to read.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com