Re: 8.2beta1 does not compile for me on Solaris 10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.2beta1 does not compile for me on Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net> writes:
> I'm attaching the whole log.

It appears that blastwave's version of readline passes the link test:

> configure:6320: checking for -lreadline
> configure:6347: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wendif-labels-fno-strict-aliasing -g   -I/opt/csw/include   -L/opt/csw/lib conftest.c -lreadline -lrt -lsocket -lm
>&5
> configure:6353: $? = 0

but fails at execution:

> configure:17432: checking test program
> configure:17447: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wdeclaration-after-statement-Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -g   -I/opt/csw/include   -L/opt/csw/lib conftest.c
-lz-lreadline -lrt -lsocket -lm  >&5

> configure:17450: $? = 0
> configure:17452: ./conftest
> ld.so.1: ./conftest: fatal: libreadline.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 17453:  9775 Killed                  ./conftest$ac_exeext
> configure:17455: $? = 137
> configure: program exited with status 137

This most likely means that libreadline depends on another shared
library (termcap maybe?) that isn't installed in your default search
path; so you'd need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LD_RUN_PATH --- see item 3
in our FAQ_Solaris for info.  One would think that blastwave's
documentation for the package would warn about this though.

I tend to agree with Andrew's solution of installing it in a more
standard place than /opt/csw ...

От: Volkan YAZICI
Сообщение: TupleDesc for a Nested Record
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Index Tuning Features