PostgreSQL 9.0.2 hangs during shutdown on Windows (Win32)

От Alexandros Karypidis
Тема PostgreSQL 9.0.2 hangs during shutdown on Windows (Win32)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.0.2-1 (specifically the pre-compiled ZIP distribution
for Win32, postgresql-9.0.2-1-windows-binaries.zip, from EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com/postgresql-902-binaries-win32?ls=Crossover&type=Crossover).

The Host is an Intel x86 (Core2Duo) machine running Windows XP SP3 (32-bit).

When I try to shut down the database, it always hangs. Even if I simply start
the DB and then issue a shutdown (with no connections being made and no SQL
executed in between) the DB still hangs. I appreciate any info on what to do to
resolve this.

I have increased the log level to DEBUG5 (log_min_messages and
log_min_error_statement) and the output of the server is:

------------------------- START DEBUG OUTPUT
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
DEBUG:  InitPostgres
DEBUG:  my backend id is 1
DEBUG:  mapped win32 error code 2 to 2
DEBUG:  StartTransaction
DEBUG:  name: unnamed; blockState:       DEFAULT; state: INPROGR, xid/subid/cid:
0/1/0, nestlvl: 1, children:
DEBUG:  CommitTransaction
DEBUG:  name: unnamed; blockState:       STARTED; state: INPROGR, xid/subid/cid:
0/1/0, nestlvl: 1, children:
DEBUG:  mapped win32 error code 2 to 2

===> ...Message above repeated several times

DEBUG:  mapped win32 error code 2 to 2

===> This is where I immediately try a clean shutdown:

DEBUG:  postmaster received signal 15
LOG:  received smart shutdown request
LOG:  autovacuum launcher shutting down
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(0): 7 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  proc_exit(0): 2 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(0): 4 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  exit(0)
DEBUG:  proc_exit(0): 2 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  exit(0)
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
LOG:  shutting down
DEBUG:  attempting to remove WAL segments older than log file
000000010000000000000002
LOG:  database system is shut down