Re: Upgrading from Pg 9.1 to 9.2

От salah jubeh
Тема Re: Upgrading from Pg 9.1 to 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

There are many  ways to to upgrade postgres;  but, it is not on the fly process for major releases i.e 9.1 to 9.2, and you need to pick what suits you. Ubuntu is using debian packages and when you use it you  will have another instance with another point as you have mentioned.

What you need to do

1. either use pg_dumpall /pg_restore in order to load your data in postgresql or pgupgrade.
2. purge 9.1 version
3. reconfigure 9.2 to use port 5432 , ......

Also have a look here

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Using_pg_upgrade_on_Ubuntu/Debian

Regards

From: Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi <mbnoimi@gmail.com>
To: salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com>
Cc: "pgsql-general@postgresql.org" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading from Pg 9.1 to 9.2

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM, salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Have a look on
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/upgrading.html
> and
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/pgupgrade.html

The manual pages doesn't talk about install Postgresql from Linux
repository for example it doens't mentioed what if I need to use
pg_upgrade for bin dir which located in complete different path than
Postgresql installer. So I'm lookinhg for specified steps not general
information because I don't want to damage my data

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi