Re: [HACKERS] Document and/or remove unreachable code in tuptoaster.c from varvarlena patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Document and/or remove unreachable code in tuptoaster.c from varvarlena patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> [ revised version of tuptoaster-fixup.patch ]

I've applied most of this.  I didn't like the hardwired assumption about
minimum size to compress, and anyway you had put it in a place where it
broke the intended behavior for SET STORAGE PLAIN.  I replaced it with
just a test to save palloc/pfree overhead in toast_compress_datum, which
has at least got knowledge of which PGLZ strategy is being used.