General Query on Roles - Reg

От sramay
Тема General Query on Roles - Reg
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I always use a community source, compile and use for all those projects.
I have doubt
Assume I am creating a user say 'test' with nosuperuser privilege with just
login
and associate this user with any database using authorization.  But I am
able to create a table
for the test user in 'postgres' database.  Why user test is allowed to login
in to 'postgres' database
when he is superuser,  why can at login level stopped?  Can it be done using
pg_hba.conf?

My activity

--begin

postgres@otc:~/bin$
postgres@otc:~/bin$ psql -U postgres
psql (9.3beta2)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# \d
No relations found.
postgres=# create role test nosuperuser login password 'test';
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# exit
postgres-# \q
postgres@otc:~/bin$ psql -U test postgres
psql (9.3beta2)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=> \d
No relations found.
postgres=> create table test (id numeric
postgres(> );
CREATE TABLE
postgres=> \d
       List of relations
 Schema | Name | Type  | Owner
 public | test | table | test
(1 row)

Can any one answer where I am going wrong?

Regards

Ramachandran S