Re: [HACKERS] Planning final assault on query length limits

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Planning final assault on query length limits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu> writes:
>> Jan, does this mean that we can also lose the "rewrite string too big"
>> problem with rules?

>    No.  We have to have long tuples.

> Darn.  Oh well, I guess this is a major step in that direction.

I'm hoping that once this is done, someone who knows the guts of the
storage managers better than I will feel motivated to work on letting
stored tuples cross block boundaries.  (Paging Vadim...)  That seems
to be the last piece of the puzzle.