Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Bruce Momjian (bruce@momjian.us) wrote:
>> I will call for a vote that the freeze deadline be changed if this patch
>> is rejected to due to time.  I might lose the vote, but I am going to
>> try because if we lose our reputation for fairness, we have lost a lot
>> more than a week/month of release time.

> I'm guessing the vote is core-only, but +1 from me in any case.  I fully
> agree that this patch has had a serious measure of effort put behind it
> from the author and is absolutely a capability we desire and need to
> have in core.

I should think we'd have learned by now what happens when we delay a
release date to get in some extra feature.  It hasn't worked well in
the past and I see no reason to believe the results would be any more
desirable this time.

Сообщение: Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items
Сообщение: Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items