Re: Recent pg_regress changes break testing under SELinux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recent pg_regress changes break testing under SELinux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The original design had only the Makefile knowing exactly where the
>> testtablespace directory lurks, making it changeable in one place,
>> and also confining the whole business to src/test/regress which is good
>> because none of the other uses of pg_regress need it.  As CVS tip
>> stands, the location of testtablespace is hard-wired into the pg_regress
>> executable, and I think it's mostly blind accident that it doesn't
>> clutter contrib/* and src/pl/* with testtablespace directories.

> Commandline parameter, perhaps?

I was trying to avoid that, but only because it'd make the patch bigger.
It would be one way to resolve the above gripes.

But I'm still thinking that it's fairly silly to expect Windows users to
type out the equivalent of
./pg_regress --psqldir=$(PSQLDIR) --schedule=$(srcdir)/parallel_schedule --srcdir=$(abs_srcdir)
--multibyte=$(MULTIBYTE)--load-language=plpgsql $(MAXCONNOPT) $(NOLOCALE)

especially when no other platform is that hard.  (Admittedly, some of
these switches have usable defaults, but many don't.)  So it really
seems like the right answer is a .BAT script, and I'm kinda surprised
to hear there's not one already.

Сообщение: Re: Recent pg_regress changes break testing under SELinux
Сообщение: Re: Recent pg_regress changes break testing under SELinux