Re: rule which unpredictable modify a sequence number

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: rule which unpredictable modify a sequence number
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Armand Turpel <armand.turpel@googlemail.com> writes:
> I have a problem with a rule which unpredictable modify a sequence
> number. When I add a new table entry, the new id_keyword hasnt the value
> as expected. ex.: 1000000000000000, 1000000000000001,
> 1000000000000002,...... If i remove the rule it works.

Rules don't play very nicely together with volatile functions like
nextval().  The rule is just a macro, and so if you have multiple
references to new.id_keyword, that means multiple evaluations of
nextval().

You'd be better off using a trigger to do this, I think.