Re: Is a Digest Version of this List Available?

От Terry Buchanan
Тема Re: Is a Digest Version of this List Available?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Good to know. Thanks.

By the way, that Mangus name sounds so familiar. Did he also make the ram logo for GNU?

Terry

On Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 01:46:41 AM GMT+7, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

On 2021-Sep-21, Terry Buchanan wrote:

> I just signed up today. So I am sorry if this is a not-so-smart
> question, but is there someway to configure the Mailing Lists to
> deliver only Daily Digest versions, instead of the live updating?
> I looked in a few different areas on the listsever website to find the
> answer. But after I started going around in the same circles over and
> over again, I thought I would try my first time to use this list to
> get the answer!

There is not.  We (actually, Magnus Hagander) wrote our own mailing list
manager and decided early on that digests were not on the list of
requirements.  Rather the opposite: replies coming from people that
consume the digest versions are typically horrible (because they tend to
quote the entire *digest* rather than just the entire *message* they
reply to), threading no longer works, etc.

--
Álvaro Herrera

Сообщение: Re: Is a Digest Version of this List Available?
Сообщение: Re: Is a Digest Version of this List Available?