Re: CLASSOID patch

От M.Feldtmann@t-online.de (Marten Feldtmann)
Тема Re: CLASSOID patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:24:56 +1000, Chris Bitmead wrote:

>I was thinking this myself today. Mainly because I wonder if in the
>future there may be support for more than one table implementing a
>particular class type. On the other hand the oid is a reference to the

 Which is very common in wrapper software technology ! Normally only
the first implementation is done this way: one class - one table. But
this is only a very naive design decision. Then when the performance
lacks hierarchy tree are converted into one table ... etc

 Just my thoughts about something like this ....

 Marten

Marten Feldtmann, Germany