Re: Nocount and scope_identity()

От Demel, Jeff
Тема Re: Nocount and scope_identity()
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> So, I'm wondering if NOCOUNT is supported in Postgres at all.  If it's

> not, what's the alternative?  If it is, what is wrong with my syntax?
Andrew wrote:
Not as far as I know.  What's it supposed to do?

It suppresses the rowcount returned after the query runs.

> I haven't gotten there yet, but I'm also wondering if the
> SCOPE_IDENTITY() method is going to work or not.
I doubt it.  What does it do?

It returns the id of the record just inserted.

-Jeff
This email is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This email may contain information
thatis privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mailor any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
deliveringthe message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
orthe employee or agent responsible for delivery of this email to the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replyingto this message and then delete it from your system.  Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
thismessage by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: