Re: Unsigned integer types

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Unsigned integer types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Maciej Gajewski wrote
> I'm also afraid that with
> the extension I'd be left on my own maintaining it forever. While if
> this could go into the core product, it would live forever.

Clarification from the gallery: are we talking an extension or a custom
PostgreSQL build/fork?

If it is an extension the stick it up on GitHub and let whomever finds it
valuable help contribute to keeping it relevant.

No use letting perfection stand in the way of usability.  If the current
solutions are too slow then exploring the extension aspect - even if it
falls short - is worthwhile.  At minimum you learn from the experience and
maybe someone else (or even yourself) can build on that foundation.

David J.