Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements 1202

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements 1202
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> I thought that output of new counters are too wide and it brakes
> compatibility of EXPLAIN ANALYZE. On the other hand, we don't have to
> think of compatibility in EXPLAIN ANALYZE VERBOSE because it is newly
> added in 8.4. However, overheads should be avoided. We could have
> two kinds of instrumentations, time-only or all-stats.

I've got a serious problem with the way that this patch is being
presented.  It's being named and described as though it's "just another
contrib module", but in fact it makes invasive, undocumented changes to
the behavior of the core EXPLAIN functionality --- changes that
certainly cannot be claimed to having been agreed to by the community,
since most of us probably weren't aware that there was any such thing
going on inside this patch.

Please split this into two separate patches that can be separately
evaluated.