Re: pg_dump: [archiver] -C and -c are incompatible options

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump: [archiver] -C and -c are incompatible options
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> writes:
> Tom Lane-2 wrote
>> Like it says, you should not use both the -C and -c command-line options
>> to pg_dump.  I'm not sure how that translates to what you're doing in
>> pgAdmin3, but presumably you're selecting some incompatible options there.
>>
>> You might want to gripe about it on the pgadmin mailing list (not here),
>> as it seems like they could provide a more user-friendly complaint.

> What version of PostgreSQL?
> 9.3 documentation indicates that using both together should work.

Oh, I'd forgotten that, but you're right.  A quick test shows that it
changed in 9.2.

> Are you maybe hitting an older database with a newer version of pgadmin?

Older pg_dump in particular.  Seems like a good bet.

A gripe to the pgadmin folks might still be in order; I'd think it was
within their charter to shield users from this sort of version
compatibility consideration.