Performance issue when using pgpool for fail-over and recovery of postgresql DB

От Praveen Mishra
Тема Performance issue when using pgpool for fail-over and recovery of postgresql DB
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

I am working on a POC of setting up PGPOOL with postgresql for failover and
recovery.

Everything is working fine but I am observing huge performance delay with
transaction.

Following is my setup..

PGPOOL : Running on separate Amazon Instance (Used for fail-over and
recovery[No loa balancing and streaming replication])

POSTGRESQL DB: Setup on two different Amazon Instance with streaming
replication setup .

Application Server: Apache running on separate Amazon Instance and connect
to pgpool which intern connected to postgresql servers.

In normal scenario where Apache is directly connected to postgresql it takes
5 -7 seconds to complete the transaction...

But if I am connecting through pgpool it is taking more than 40 seconds to
complete the transaction.

Note: How can I change the log level (PGPOOL logs all the statements tried
to change the log level but it does not work)

Please help me with the possibilities how can i improve the performance

Regards,
Praveen