Re: In progress INSERT wrecks plans on table

От Matt Clarkson
Тема Re: In progress INSERT wrecks plans on table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> (2) seems fairly hard generically, since we'd have to keep track of
> the tids returned from the IndexScan to allow us to switch to a
> different plan and avoid re-issuing rows that we've already returned.
> But maybe if we adapted the IndexScan plan type so that it adopted a
> more page oriented approach internally, it could act like a
> bitmapscan. Anyway, that would need some proof that it would work and
> sounds like a fair task.
>
> (1) sounds more easily possible and plausible. At the moment we have
> enable_indexscan = off. If we had something like
> plan_cost_weight_indexscan = N, we could selectively increase the cost
> of index scans so that they would be less likely to be selected. i.e.
> plan_cost_weight_indexscan = 2 would mean an indexscan would need to
> be half the cost of any other plan before it was selected. (parameter
> name selected so it could apply to all parameter types). The reason to
> apply this weighting would be to calculate "risk adjusted cost" not
> just estimated cost.
>
> --
>  Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
>  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

Another option would be for the bulk insert/update/delete to track the
distribution stats as the operation progresses and if it detects that it
is changing the distribution of data beyond a certain threshold it would
update the pg stats accordingly.

--
Matt Clarkson
Catalyst.Net Limited

Сообщение: Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads
Сообщение: Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads