Re: Remaining beta blockers

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Remaining beta blockers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Things like how fresh the materialized view is certainly should
> be accessible via SQL and transactional.

Keep in mind that something like "whether the materialized view is
fresh enough to be scanned by this connection" may eventually
depend on session GUCs and the passage of time in the absence of
any database modifications.  That's why I believe that checking for
scannability should be done through a function, not a check of a
system table.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company