Re: Exclusion constraints with time expressions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Exclusion constraints with time expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn@mail.com> writes:
> Now, if you wanted to argue that *this* query might depend on time
> zone information, I'd be more willing to believe it, and maybe the
> problem is that we use the same function for both:

> SELECT TIMESTAMPTZ '2012-10-28 01:30:00' + INTERVAL '1 day';

The "problem" is not with the function, but with the fact that both
kinds of interval are the same data type.  That's not something we have
the flexibility to change AFAICS.

It should be possible to use the protransform feature to allow
argument-value-dependent const folding, if anyone is annoyed enough
about this specific case to write some code for it.