Re: Wishlist for 7.4: Plan stability

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wishlist for 7.4: Plan stability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> Really it boils down to one point: there's really no reason to assume a user
> should be able to execute any new query he feels like. Creating a new query
> should be privileged operation just like creating a new table or new database.

This is an interesting view of what a database should be like, but it
has very little to do with my idea of a database ;-).  I think you want
some sort of middleware layer to keep your users away from the database.
I do not agree that the DB itself ought to contain such draconian
restrictions.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces