UTF8 issue when using Backup/pg_dump on many tables?

От saanobhaai
Тема UTF8 issue when using Backup/pg_dump on many tables?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,

I've been happily developing using postgres with pgadmin3 (1.16.0 on
Windows) for a while now, and using the Backup pg_dump GUI plugin
successfully. My database (with everything set to use UTF8) has gotten
bigger, and today when I did my backup I saw unicode characters output
incorrectly (examples: µ output as µ and – output as –). I experimented
with what might be different, and the only thing I can see that's different
is amount of data (or tables). Using the exact same settings otherwise:

- If I export just two smallish tables with unicode chars, they appear
correctly

- If I export all 64 tables (~9.4MB), including the two with unicode chars,
they are output with the wrong encoding.

The commands appear to be identical in the Message tab of the Backup GUI, so
it seems like something wrong at the pg_dump level.

pg_dump command output by Backup GUI in both cases:
C:\Program Files (x86)\pgAdmin III\1.16\pg_dump.exe --host 127.0.0.1 --port
8889 --username "<username>" --no-password --format plain --encoding UTF8
--inserts --file "<file path>" --table "
" --table "
" "<database name>"

Any ideas?

Thanks