Re: Enabling Checksums

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Enabling Checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 21:09 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 24 April 2013 21:06, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
>
> > What goal are you trying to accomplish with this patch?
>
> That we might need to patch the checksum version on a production release.

Oh, I see.

I don't think we need two output fields from pg_controldata though. It's
a little redundant, and confused me when I was looking at the impact on
pg_upgrade. And it means nothing to the user until we actually have
multiple algorithms available, at which time we are better off with a
text representation.

Other than that, I think your patch is fine to accomplish the
aforementioned goal. Essentially, it just changes the bool to a uint32,
which I favor.

Regards,Jeff Davis