Re: patch: Client certificate requirements

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: patch: Client certificate requirements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Alex Hunsaker" <badalex@gmail.com> writes:
> Err that really should be ereport(FATAL,

I don't think that's a particularly user-friendly design.

The behavior I'd expect to see is

1. Root cert file not there: issue existing LOG message.  Maybe the user is
expecting client cert verification, and maybe he isn't, but it is a good
idea to put out the LOG message just to make sure he knows what will
happen.

2. Root cert file present but we fail to load it: FATAL is probably okay
here, but not with that hint message.