Re: 7.4.3 server panic

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4.3 server panic
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Chris Ochs" <chris@paymentonline.com> writes:
> ERROR:  invalid user ID: 194
> PANIC:  error during error recovery, giving up
> LOG:  server process (PID 38302) was terminated by signal 6

Can you get a stack traceback from this crash?  The only occurrence of
"invalid user ID:" that I see in the source code is in
GetUserNameFromId(), but there's no visible reason why that would be
called during error recovery.

Also, a recipe for reproducing it would help.  I spent a little time
trying with your function with no success.  You might be able to make
it more reproducible by inserting delays in the setuser() function.
(See the sleep() function in src/test/regress/sql/stats.sql for a quick
and dirty way to delay.)  I didn't have any luck, but since I don't know
what's going on concurrently with this function in your environment,
I was probably trying the wrong things.