Re: PROPOSAL: tracking aggregated numbers from pg_stat_database

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PROPOSAL: tracking aggregated numbers from pg_stat_database
Дата
Re: PROPOSAL: tracking aggregated numbers from pg_stat_database  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 21:51 +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> This more or less works in stable environments, but once you start
> dropping databases (think of hosting with shared DB server) it gets
> unusable because after DROP DATABASE the database suddenly disappears
> from the sum.
>
> Therefore I do propose tracking the aggregated stats, similar to the
> pg_stat_bgwriter view.

It seems like this will open a can of worms.  Maybe someone wants
aggregated stats for pg_stat_user_tables?  Or maybe instead of the sum,
someone wants to track the average?  etc.  I don't think we should turn
the statistics collector into a poor man's data warehouse or statistics
engine.  Couldn't you transfer the data to some other system for
long-term analysis?  Maybe you could even use event triggers to have
DROP DATABASE do that automatically.