Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.

От Jayashankar K B
Тема Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.
Дата
Re: Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.
Список pgsql-performance

Hi,

We are having an embedded system with a freescale m68k architecture based micro-controller, 256MB RAM running a customized version of Slackware 12 linux.

It’s a relatively modest Hardware.

We have installed postgres 9.1 as our database engine. While testing, we found that the Postgres operations take more than 70% of CPU and the average also stays above 40%.

This is suffocating the various other processes running on the system. Couple of them are very critical ones.

The testing involves inserting bulk number of records (approx. 10000 records having between 10 and 20 columns).

Please let us know how we can reduce CPU usage for the postgres.

Thanks and Regards

Jayashankar

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Parallel Processing !
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Parallel Processing !