Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Re: Managing multiple branches in git  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> Yeah, with git, rather than cd'ing to another directory, you'd just do
> `git checkout rel8_3` and work from the same directory.

That's what I'd gathered, and frankly it is not an acceptable answer.
Sure, the "checkout" operation is remarkably fast, but it does nothing
for derived files.  What would really be involved here (if I wanted to
be sure of having a non-broken build) ismake maintainer-cleangit checkout rel8_3configuremake
which takes long enough that I'll have plenty of time to consider
how much I hate git.  If there isn't a better way proposed, I'm
going to flip back to voting against this conversion.  I need tools
that work for me not against me.