Re: ERROR: syntax error at or near ":"

От Greg Williamson
Тема Re: ERROR: syntax error at or near ":"
Дата
Re: ERROR: syntax error at or near ":"
Список pgsql-general

Graham --

>________________________________

Followingthe instructions at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10968039/postgresql-inserting-value-of-a-column-from-a-fileI tried this, but get the
errorbelow, which I do not understand.

>Can anyone explain what might be going wrong, and what I should do instead?
>
>patricia=# \set content `cat /tmp/certificates.txt`
>patricia=# update property set value = :'content' where key = 'patricia.home.security.cacerts';
>ERROR:  syntax error at or near ":"
>LINE 1: update property set value = :'content' where key = 'patricia...
>                                    ^

The colon (":") is not needed, just remove it. A pair of colons is used to indicate a cast of a value; off hand I am
notcoming up with any use of a colon in basic SQL.

Greg W.

От: Graham Leggett
Сообщение: ERROR: syntax error at or near ":"
От: Ian Lawrence Barwick
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: syntax error at or near ":"