Re: pg_upgrade from 9.4 to 10.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade from 9.4 to 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 03:26:47PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This patch evidently broke buildfarm member jacana, although only
>> in the 9.3 branch.  It's been failing with
>> Jul 28 23:22:30 The system cannot find the path specified.

> Well, that's interesting.  I have a test script that upgrades all
> version combinations of Postgres from 9.3 to head and it worked for me.
> However, I now see that the tests for checking a live server were wrong,
> and 9.3 must have a slightly different test than the others.  Fixes
> applied.  Thanks for finding this so quickly.

After poking around a bit more, I think the more likely explanation is
that 9.3 was still using the SYSTEMQUOTE macro in commands to be popen'd,
and you did not make that adjustment when back-patching into that branch.
Note the adjacent pre-existing invocation of pg_controldata:

    snprintf(cmd, sizeof(cmd), SYSTEMQUOTE "\"%s/%s \"%s\"" SYSTEMQUOTE,
             cluster->bindir,
             live_check ? "pg_controldata\"" : "pg_resetxlog\" -n",