Re: ERROR: argument to pg_get_expr() must come from system catalogs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: argument to pg_get_expr() must come from system catalogs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Do you want to go ahead with your plan of changing what's passed in
>> FuncInfo? I won't object if you want to do it, but I wouldn't feel
>> comfortable with backporting such big changes myself.

> I will take a look at it, but not right away.

I spent some more time looking at this, and decided that it's probably
not really a good plan after all.  It would be a significant amount of
work for what's basically a dead-end back-branch-only patch, given that
we intend to go with the special-datatype solution for 9.1 and up.
The work aspect is bad enough, but I also share Robert's nervousness
about whether it would get enough testing before going out in releases.
The code that would be getting changed has mutated quite a lot over the
years, to the point where we'd almost have to test each branch
separately to have much confidence in the fixes.

Please see what you can do with plugging the holes in the existing
patch, instead.