Re: Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"fburgess@radiantblue.com" <fburgess@radiantblue.com> wrote:=0A=0A> We did =
use pg_upgrade with the hard link option. We are not sure=0A> if we ran the=
 cleanup script.=0A=0A> Can we run this script now, even though its month's=
 after we did=0A> the upgrade?=0A=0A> Everything in the .../19177 directori=
es represent data files=0A> migrated over form postgres 8.4.3.=A0 All new f=
iles get placed into=0A> the .../PG_9.1_201105231/16411 directories.=0A=0A>=
 The vast majority of the "orphan" files are from the=0A> /opt/PostgreSQL/9=
.1/data/user_data/19177=A0 directory.=0A=0AI don't have any reason to expec=
t that you *can't* run the script=0Aat this point; but being a cautious per=
son, I would do this at a=0Apoint where I was confident I could recover fro=
m a backup, and I=0Awould read through the scripts carefully before applyin=
g them.=0A=0AWhat you want to be really careful that you *don't* do is to m=
odify=0Aor truncate any of the hard-linked files, as they are quite likely=
=0Ato still be just another name for the same file that is in use for=0Apro=
duction under the newer version.=A0 You want to simply remove the=0Aolder d=
irectory entry pointing to the file.=0A=0Ahttp://www.linfo.org/hard_link.ht=
ml=0A=0A-- =0AKevin Grittner=0AEnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com=0A=
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company