Re: Passing "direct" args of ordered-set aggs to the transition function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Passing "direct" args of ordered-set aggs to the transition function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> Is there a particular reason why the "direct" arguments of ordered-set
> aggregates are not passed to the transition function too?

Because they have to be evaluated only once.

I did consider evaluating them once at the start and saving the values,
but that's a bit problematic from a memory management standpoint.

Still, if you have a good solution to that and the cycles to produce a
patch, it's not too late to reconsider.  I concur that it's not that
hard to think of cases where it'd be useful.