PostgreSql - access modified rows in prepare transaction command

От pierpaolo.cincilla
Тема PostgreSql - access modified rows in prepare transaction command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I have the problem to access modified data (updates and inserts) in a
prepare transaction statement before a commit/rollback. For example consider
the following block:

BEGIN;
do some update;
do some insert;
PREPARE TRANSACTION 'transaction1';

After executing the 'prepare' command (and before executing the 'commit'
command), I neeed to fetch the data modified by the transaction
'transaction1'. I can fetch the rows with the old values that are modified
by the transaction (using the xmax field), howewer I need also the values
that the transaction will write into these rows when it commits.

Postgres needs to store these values somewhere in order to commit the
transaction when it is required, so my question is: how can I access these
values? Thank you in advance.

Pierpaolo Cincilla